- Blu-rayDisc - The high definitionBlu-ray Disc format provides pristine video and audioquality for your home entertainment.
- Blu-ray3D Experiencehigh definition in all new dimensions. The BDP-103 supports the Blu-ray3D specifications and is fully compatible with Blu-ray 3D discs (1).
- 2Dto 3D Conversion Take your standard DVD, Blu-ray, and other video content tothe next dimension by converting them into 3D with the simple press ofa button. The BDP-103 can also adjust the depth and eye convergencelevels to suit your personal preference.
- SACD- The BDP-103 plays Super Audio CD (SACD) and supports both stereo andmulti-channel high resolution audio programs. Users can select whetherto output the DSD (Direct Stream Digital) signal in its native formator convert it into PCM.
- DVD-Audio- The BDP-103 plays DVD-Audio and supports both stereo andmulti-channel high resolution audio programs. Users can select whetherto play the DVD-Audio or the DVD-Video portion of the disc.
- NetflixInstant Streaming -Instantly watch TV shows & movies streaming from Netflix (3).Netflix "Just For Kids" is a special selection of kid-friendly TVepisodes & movies for younger viewers. It is included with yourNetflix unlimited streaming membership. Selected titles supportfeatures including 1080p video, 5.1ch audio, subtitles and alternativeaudio languages.
- VUDUHD Movie Streaming -Stream thousands of movies instantly the day-and-date they are releasedon DVD/Blu-ray in stunning 1080p video, rich 7.1 surround audio andeven in 3D (2).
- PandoraInternet Radio -Personalized music streaming using the Music Genome Project, stayingtrue to their mission: "Playing only the music you'll love". (4)
- ComprehensiveInternet Streaming - Inaddition to Netflix, VUDU and Pandora, the BDP-103 provides access topopular entertainment network services from Film Fresh, YouTubeLeanback and Picasa, with more to come.
- BD-Live& BonusVIEW - TheBDP-103 supports BD-Live (Profile 2.0) and contains allnecessary hardware - audio/video decoder, Ethernet and wirelessnetworking, and 1GB of internal storage - for BD-Live. It also supportsBonusVIEW (Profile 1.1) enabling "picture-in-picture" and audiofeatures for viewing director or actor commentary while the main movieis playing.
- AdditionalDisc & Media Formats- Additional disc and file formats, such as DVD, audio CD, HDCD, KodakPicture CD, AVCHD, MP4, AVI, MKV and other audio/video/picture files onrecorded discs or USB drives can be played back on the BDP-103. TheBDP-103 fully supports high-resolution lossless WAV and FLAC audioformats. (5)
- Qdeoby Marvell - The BDP-103incorporates Marvell's Kyoto-G2H video processor with the latestgeneration Qdeo technology. Qdeo video processing delivers atruly immersive viewing experience by rendering quiet natural videofree of noise and artifacts for all types of content. For high-qualityBlu-ray content, the BDP-103 faithfully reproduces the program just asthe director intended; for DVD, the up-converted picture qualitybridges the visual gap from your current DVD library to Blu-ray discs;for network streaming and user-encoded content at a variety of formatsand quality, the BDP-103 offers enhancement options including videonoise reduction, compression artifact reduction, intelligent color,contrast, detail and edge enhancements. To learn more about the Qdeovideo processing technology, please read the Qdeo Extended TechnologyBrief.
- 4KUp-scaling - Enhance thehome theater experience with four times the resolution of Full HD 1080pby up-scaling all video sources to 4K (3840 x 2160) output resolution.
- DVDUp-Conversion - Per-pixelmotion-adaptive de-interlacing and advanced scaling transform thestandard definition image on DVDs to high definition output on your TV.Additional Qdeo video processing options help to deliver a clearer,smoother, and more true-to-life picture free of noise and artifacts.
- FullHD 1080p Output - TheBDP-103 features user selectable video output resolutions, including480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 4K.
- True24p Video - ManyBlu-ray Discs are recorded at 24 frames per second, the same frame rateas the original movie's theatrical release. The BDP-103 can faithfullyredeliver the original frames using 1080p 24Hz output (compatibledisplay required) for smoother motion and a flicker-free, film-likehome theater experience. It can also restore the original 24 frames persecond progressive-scan video from well-authored DVDs and output 1080p24Hz.
- SourceDirect Mode - For users whowish to use an external video processor, the BDP-103 offers a "SourceDirect" mode. The original audio/video content on the discs is sent outwith no additional processing or alteration.
- MultipleZoom Modes - The BDP-103supports multiple levels of aspect ratio control and image zooming.Users can watch a movie in its original aspect ratio, fit to the fullscreen, or zoom in to remove the black bars on some titles.
- VerticalStretch Mode - Forcustomers with a 2.35:1 CIH (Constant Image Height) display system, theplayer's zoom options include a vertical stretch mode to work nicelywith an anamorphic lens. A unique subtitle shift feature allows theuser to move the subtitle up and down, making it possible to see allsubtitle text when using a 2.35:1 CIH display.
- AdvancedPicture Control - Userscan have fine control of brightness, contrast, saturation, hue,sharpness, noise reduction, color and contrast enhancements. The player can remember and apply three custom picture control modes tosuit a variety of viewing conditions and content types.
- Dolby®TrueHD - Dolby TrueHDdelivers lossless studio master quality audio designed specifically forhigh definition entertainment. The BDP-103 supportsbit-stream output of Dolby TrueHD via its HDMI 1.4a output. It can alsointernally decode Dolby TrueHD into LPCM and output via HDMI or the7.1ch analog audio output terminals. Dolby Digital and Dolby DigitalPlus audio formats are also supported.
- DTS-HDMaster Audio -DTS-HD Master Audio delivers an auditory experience that matches thelifelike images of high-definition video with up to 7.1 channels thatare bit-for-bit identical to the studio master. The BDP-103 supportsbit-stream output of DTS-HD Master Audio. It can also internally decodeDTS-HD Master Audio and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analog audiooutput terminals. (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS DigitalSurround are also supported.)
- 7.1-ChannelAnalog Output - Individualanalog 7.1-channel surround outputs are ideal to connect to a7.1-channel or 5.1-channel surround sound system. The BDP-103 deliversan incredible sound stage and an immersive surround experience. Forusers with stereo speakers, the 7.1-channel analog output can beconfigured to a stereo down-mix mode.
- DigitalOptical and Coaxial Outputs- For simple and easy connection to more traditional A/V receivers, theBDP-103 features both optical and coaxial outputs for digital audio.
- RigidChassis Construction -Built around a steel chassis, aluminum faceplate, and center-mounteddisc loader, the BDP-103 is designed to impress as well as to provide astable base for the highest quality reproduction of your favorite media.
- DualHDMI Outputs Two HDMI v1.4a output ports are provided to offer the most versatileinstallation options to both older and newer HDMI equipment. You do nothave to upgrade your A/V receiver to a 3D model in order to enjoy 3D.One HDMI output of the BDP-103 can be connected to a 3D TV and theother can be connected to a pre-3D HDMI v1.1-1.3 A/V receiver. Forprojector users, you can connect one output to a projector for hometheater use and the other to a TV for casual viewing. For a multi-roominstallation the BDP-103 can output audio and video to two 3D or 2D TVssimultaneously.
- DualHDMI Inputs Connect external devices such as set-top boxes and network streamingdevices to take further advantage of the excellent audio and videoprocessing functions by the BDP-103. The BDP-103 offers two HDMIinputs, one on the front and one on the back.
- MHLInput Simplifyconnecting smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices to the hometheater by using the MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) input port ofthe BDP-103. Display high resolution pictures, 1080p video and listento pure digital music all while simultaneously charging the connectedmobile device. The front HDMI input port of the BDP-103 doubles as theMHL input.
- Wireless& Ethernet Using the included wireless-N adapter or the built-in RJ45Ethernet port, users will be able to interact with BD-Live content,watch instant streaming programs from providers such as Netflix orVUDU, playback contents stored on their home network, and keep theBDP-103 up-to-date with firmware releases to ensure maximum Blu-raycompatibility.
- TripleUSB Ports - Three USB 2.0high speed ports are provided, one on the front panel and two on theback. Users can enjoy high definition video, high resolution photos andmusic directly from their USB drives.
- PAL/NTSCConversion - The BDP-103supports NTSC and PAL systems for both disc playback and video output.It can also convert content of one system for output in another. (Subject to DVD and BD regionrestrictions.)
- Back-litRemote Control - TheBDP-103 comes with a fully back-lit remote control for ease of use indark home theaters. With its ergonomic button layout and clearlabeling, operating the Blu-ray Disc player is easier than ever.
- UniversalPower Supply - The BDP-103features a wide-range world power supply that is compatible with ACpower from all regions. No worries about damaging the player due toincorrect power voltage.
- ExternalIR - For integration intohome theater control systems, the BDP-103 provides an external IR INport to use with an IR distribution system.
- RS232Control - For custominstallation, the BDP-103 offers an RS232 control port with a richcontrol and communication protocol. Installers can easily program theirfavorite control systems to operate the BDP-103.
- RemoteControl Apps For additional user convenience, the BDP-103 can be operated usingremote control apps running on compatible smartphone and tabletdevices. The remote control app for Android is already available. Anapp for Apple iOS devices is coming soon.
- HDMICEC - HDMI ConsumerElectronics Control simplifies the home theater by allowing a singleremote control to operate multiple devices.
- GracenoteMusicID® and VideoID- By connecting to Gracenote's global media database over the Internet,the BDP-103 can offer an enriched playback experience by displayingCover Art, Title, Artist, Genre and other media information for CD,DVD, Blu-ray and a wide range of digital media files.
- DMP& DMR - DigitalMedia Player (DMP) and Digital Media Renderer (DMR) features enableswired or wireless access of audio, picture, and video files stored onDLNA-compatible digital media servers such as a computer or networkstorage device (NAS).
- SMB/CIFSAccess - The BDP-103 comeswith an experimental feature that can access video, audio and picturefiles shared by computers on the local network via the Server MessageBlock (SMB) or Common Internet File System (CIFS) protocols.
1Requiresproper 3D television and glasses.
2Serviceavailable in the United States only. A VUDU user account is required torent or buy movies and TV shows.
3U.S.- Netflix unlimited streaming membership required. International -Netflix is available in certain countries. Unlimited membershiprequired. More information at www.netflix.com
4Serviceavailable in the United States only.
5Compatibilitywith user-encoded contents or user-created discs is on a best-effortbasis with no guarantee due to the variation of media, software andtechniques used.
Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
|Disc Types||BD-Video, Blu-ray 3D,DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, AVCHD, SACD, CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, CD-R/RW,DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, BD-R/RE|
|BD Profile||BD-ROM Version 2.5Profile 5 (also compatible with Profile 1 Version 1.0 and 1.1)|
|Internal Storage||1GB (Actual spaceavailable for persistent storage varies due to system usage)|
|Output||Analog Audio: 7.1ch,5.1ch, stereo.|
Coaxial/Optical Audio: Dolby Digital, DTS, up to 2ch/192kHz PCM.
HDMI Audio: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS,DTS-HD High Resolution and DTS-HD Master Audio, up to 7.1ch/192kHz PCM,up to 5.1ch DSD.
HDMI Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24/4Kx2K, 3Dframe-packing 720p/1080p24.
|Input||HDMI Audio: DolbyDigital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, AAC, up to 5.1ch/192kHz or7.1ch/96kHz PCM.|
HDMI Video:480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24/1080p25/1080p30, 3Dframe-packing 720p/1080p24.
MHL Audio: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, up to 5.1ch/192kHzPCM.
MHL Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p24/1080p25/1080p30, 3Dframe-packing 720p/1080p24.
|Frequency: 20Hz 20kHz (±0.05dB), 20Hz 96kHz (-4.5dB~ +0.05dB)|
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >115dB (A-weighted)
THD+N: < 0.006% (1kHz at 0dBFS, 20kHz LPF)
|General Specification||Power Supply: ~100V 240V, 50/60Hz AC|
Power Consumption: 35W (Standby: 0.5W in Energy Efficient Mode)
Dimensions: 16.8 x 12.2 x 3.1 inches (430mm x 311mm x 79mm)
Mass: 10.8 lbs (4.9kg)
|Operating Temperature||41°F -95°F|
5°C - 35°C
|Operating Humidity||15% - 75%|
All trademarks are theproperty of their respective owners.